Plastics currently account for 63% of the raw materials used in fashion. If we do not take action and curtail the consumption of plastic-based fashion products, in 2050 our oceans could have more plastic in them than fish.
Our mission is to establish a business that actively generates a positive impact for the planet instead of contributing to pollution. While the fast fashion industry keeps using more and more plastic to maintain the business model of low quality and high volumes, we have chosen a different path, a more sustainable one. We are proud to lead the shift from traditional, linear, fashion, where products end up in landfills, into an innovative circular model. In this new model, we intentionally design out waste by making sure products and materials are used for as long as possible. This way we support sustainability and take responsibility for the environment.
We do this by the following:
1. We utilize sustainable and circular raw materials, selected for their lower resource demands and under our direct oversight.
2. Our products are thoughtfully designed for long-term use and ease of maintenance, repair, upgrades or recycle.
3. We take complete social responsibility, ensuring our fashion adheres strictly to EU labor laws, upholding ethical practices.
4. As a pioneering fashion-tech start-up, we craft items in response to genuine customer demand, operating on a digital-to-order basis
Read more about the circular production and materials of our products.
For more questions, check out our FAQs.
The story behind OUR CHOICE.
Unlike in fast fashion models, our products are made to last. With our circular process, the product retains its quality for up to 7 years if not for a lifetime. The products from OUR CHOICE can serve you and others for many years to come.
To make it more clear, this is what OUR CHOICE production looks like:
Our model compared to traditional fast fashion:
Our products can serve you for years to come:
1. Re-usability at its Core: Our products are crafted to last, embodying exceptional quality that can be handed down through generations.
2.Easy to Mend: In the event of your shoes becoming damaged, our products are thoughtfully designed for repair, ensuring you can enjoy these durable and stylish items for many years to come.
3. High-quality raw materials: We view our products as a collection of top-tier components, each capable of being repurposed into innovative circular creations.
4. Environmentally Friendly Lifecycle: Our products are fully recyclable and biodegradable, guaranteeing that any part which can't be repurposed will be transformed into energy or new materials, minimizing waste.
To make sure our products stay in use, we offer an upgrading service.
Our products are produced in Portugal.
Check out FAQs for more.
Our sneakers are 100% plastic-free, not even a trace of recycled PET bottles or ocean plastics. This approach not only helps reduce CO2 emissions and minimize landfill waste but also safeguards against the release of harmful microplastics into our oceans. We don’t believe in plastic – even recycled or up-cycled – we want to proactively eliminate it's environmental impact before more damage is done to our planet and ocean ecosystem.
We offer a unique, full re-soling service for our sneakers so that you can keep them for longer. We only use high-quality premium materials for all our sneakers but after a period of wear, a new sole will invigorate your existing OUR CHOICE sneakers and allows you to pick a new sole color.
Included in this service is the careful removal of the original sole unit with a replacement then attached and stitched into place. A fresh pair of insoles and waxed laces are then added, and a coat of polish is applied as a finishing touch.
After the old soles are removed, they’re recycled into new soles for new OUR CHOICE sneakers.
We recommend sending your shoes for an upgrade when they start to look worn out and in need of an upgrade. This is to make sure they remain in good condition and can be kept in use. The sneakers can be sent back in the package they were delivered in, or in any other package, you have at hand. The upgrading takes two weeks, after which the shoes will be sent back to you, ready to serve you for years more.